Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Brief Introduction

Now, before you go and dismiss this blog because I used the "c" word in my title, let me tell you a little about myself. I am in my mid-twenties, live in a rural county in western Kentucky (yee-haw), made a 29 on my ACT, and have my associates degree. I have a full-time job delivering pipe, valves, and fittings, and working in a warehouse. I believe in God, and although I was raised in a Christian home, I myself did not become a Christian until I was 17. I do not believe in following the eb and flow of the crowd, but rather choose to search and study to come to my own conclusions. I say this because I know that some people think that conservatives are zombie-like followers of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and George W. Bush. Nothing is farther from the truth. True, because I am a conservative, I do agree with many of these men's views, but not because it's their views, but because I myself have studied and pondered them. I also disagree with them on occasion, because as a conservative, I believe in individualism. I think for myself, rather than letting someone do all my thinking for me. I do not apologize, nor do I make excuses for my beliefs, whether religious or political. They do go hand in hand, as I will explain in later posts.
Well, that's a start anyway. I hope you will at least check in to see what I have to say every now and then, and not just dismiss me based on your presumptions. You might be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, if you have a comment, don't be afraid to leave it. I welcome all feedback, positive or negative. I do ask that you keep your comments clean and free of all swearing or anything obscene. As a conservative, I like to keep things family friendly. Non-compliance will result in your comment being deleted as soon as it comes to my attention.